The Hill – Congressional Reporter
April 2014 – Present
- Cover the House of Representatives, establishing expertise on internal party politics and deciphering complex legislative debates for a national audience of nearly 30 million.
- Write multiple breaking news stories daily under time pressure, as well as enterprise analyses of leadership strategy and policy.
- Track House floor activity for news, potential viral video and vote breakdowns.
- Offer analysis on radio and television networks, including BBC World News, BBC Radio 4 & 5, C-SPAN and NPR.
MSNBC – Segment Producer, Meet the Press Daily with Chuck Todd
February – December 2018
- Wrote concise, urgent scripts for anchor to read from prompter at start of segments.
- Created political newsmaker interview outlines with questions and research.
- Selected sound bites and create visually appealing graphics to enhance segments.
- Wrote headlines for TV banners designed to draw viewers’ attention
CQ Roll Call – Legislative Action Reporter
January 2013 – April 2014
- Reported on economic policy on Capitol Hill, including the 2013 government shutdown and budget deal.
- Provided concise summaries of bills and amendments for CQ.com’s legislative tracking database.
Fox News Channel – Capitol Hill Intern
December 2011 – August 2012
- Wrote 40 articles for the Fox News website, including 15 featured on the front page.
- Covered committee hearings, press conferences and stakeouts on Capitol Hill, reporting to senior producer.
- Drafted daily scripts for Fox News Radio.
The Hill – Editorial Intern
January – August 2011
- Bylined 61 articles, including many cited in The Washington Post, ABC News, USA Today, The Huffington Post and The Atlantic.
- Contributed to coverage of the summer 2011 debt limit debate by interviewing lawmakers about the negotiations and covered the surprise return of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords for the final vote.
- Wrote articles for special features, including restaurant reviews and the annual “50 Most Beautiful People on Capitol Hill” list.
- Assisted editors and reporters with fact-checking, reviewing financial disclosures and legislative research.
College of William & Mary – Williamsburg, Virginia
Bachelor of Arts in Government, Aug. 2009 – Dec. 2012
Foreign language ability: Spanish